- Advertisement -
Sunday, November 14, 2021, was a sad day for the African richest man Aliko Dangote, who lost his brother Sani, to a protracted illness in the United States (US).
In a statement seen by Unmask NG on Monday, November 15, Dangote Industries, the conglomerate Sani served as a Vice President prior to his demise, disclosed that the deceased was sick.
“INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJIUN!It is with a heavy heart but with total submission to Almighty Allah that we announce the passing on of our Group Vice President, Alhaji Sani Dangote today 14th November 2021.
“May Allah SWT Grant him mercy and Admit him in Aljannat-al-Firdaus,” the statement read.
Unmask NG presents below eight things to know about Sani Dangote
- Sani had investments in manufacturing, agriculture, banking, and oil services.
- He also sat on the Board of several other companies, including Nigerian Textile Mills Plc, Nutra Sweet Limited, Gum Arabic Limited, Dangote Textile Mills Limited, Alsan Insurance Brokers, Dan-Hydro Company Limited, Dansa Food Processing Company Limited, and Dangote Farms Limited.
- He was also the Deputy Chairman of the African Gum Arabic Producers Association and a two-time President of Lagos Polo Club in addition to being a professional polo player.
- Sani was a member of several Chambers of Commerce, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Shipping of Nigeria and President of the Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers Association (“FERSAN”).
- He was well known for his role as the chairman of Dansa Holdings, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group that produces beverages.
- He also owned Dansa Foods Limited, Dansa Energy, Sagas Energy Limited, Bulk Pack Services Limited, Dansa Agro Allied Limited, and Dangote Farms Limited.
- Alhaji Sani Dangote is a member of the Alumni of the Harvard Business School, United States.
- He is a pioneer member of Nigerian Agri-business Forum driving the Federal Government’s Agricultural Transformation Agenda.