N-power is an empowerment scheme President Muhammadu Buhari floated to cushion the effect of Nigeria’s poverty and alarming unemployment rates.
Launched in 2016, with the payoff -‘Empowering Nigerian Youths for Prosperity’, it is a scheme designed specifically for the youths, and it’s expected to improve their social development.
Unmask NG understands that N-power is an initiative under the National Social Investment Program (NSIP); amongst other things, youths would be exposed to life-changing opportunities like gaining relevant skills, which they could explore further for excellence.
What does N-power aim to achieve?
It is a social scheme that was designed to bring on board members of the public for the sake of exposing them to the skills they need, to not only survive but to create wealth.
The programme is committed to ensuring that its beneficiaries are employable by skill enhancement.
Who qualifies for this programme?
It is only for the enrollment of people between the ages of 18 and 35. Anyone below 18, and above 35 should not waste his or her time applying, as they would not be considered.
How much would you be paid as a beneficiary?
Like every other empowerment scheme floated by the federal government, it pays its beneficiaries across the geo-political zones in the country. And each participant is expected to get a monthly stipend of N30,000 after onboarding.
How do you apply for N-Power”
- Before you go on to apply, ensure you have a printout or accurate details of your Bank Verification Number or BVN and a recent passport photograph.
- On the website click on “Apply for N-Power Volunteer Corps”.
- Once you get on the application portal, you will be required to read the terms and conditions of the N-Power Programme and accept that all the information you will provide must be truthful and accurate.
- Fill in your 11-digit BVN; then fill in your surname, first name, and middle name in identical terms to your BVN information; followed by details of your active bank account;
- If your BVN details are inaccurate, you will not be permitted to go past this interface. If the BVN details are accurate, you will be allowed to proceed to the application portal to fill in all the personal information required and your academic qualification. You will receive a unique N-Power identification number;
- Ensure to provide your own telephone number and email so that you can be reached directly;
- You will also need to upload your passport photograph in either JPEG or PNG files in no more than 25 kilo bytes.
- Before you complete your application, you will be assessed on your knowledge of grammar, general knowledge, and for the programme’s VAIDS, basic numerical concepts.
Categories under N-power
There are several categories, in which beneficiaries are expected to be exposed to four key areas, and they are –N-power Agro, N-power Health, N-power tax, and N-power Teach.
Please note that the aforementioned categories are for the graduate categories.
Now, for non-graduate categories, beneficiaries would be empowered with skills in two key areas, which are –N-power build, and N-power Knowledge.
How do you access the programme’s portal
To log on to the portal, all you need to do is to access www.portal.npower.gov.ng
The basic requirement you need to have
To enroll in the social scheme, you need to have the following in your possession:
- Active phone number
- Email address
- Proof of Nigerian nationality
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Carefully compiled Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Bank verification number (BVN)
- Degree certificates.