- Advertisement -
N-power is an empowerment scheme that President Muhammadu Buhari floated to cushion the effect of the unemployment rate on members of the public.
To the delight of the beneficiaries, under the N-power scheme, the federal government has floated another N-knowledge.
According to Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, “N-Knowledge is a component of the N-Power Programme focused on equipping young Nigerians with relevant skills and certification to become competent workers, innovators, and entrepreneurs prepared for both the domestic and global digital job market.”
What you should know about N-power and N-knowledge
- N-Knowledge is a component of the N-Power Programme
- N-knowledge is focused on equipping young Nigerians with relevant skills and certification to become competent workers, innovators, and entrepreneurs prepared for both the domestic and global digital job market.
- N-Power’s N-knowledge programme will upskill 20,000 young Nigerians on the global radar as exporters of world-class services and content in the creative and information technology sectors.
- N-knowledge’s component is targeted at developing competencies of the youth in software development and hardware training which will be catalysed to make Nigeria compete in the outsourcing market for software development.
- Amongst other things, the new-floated programme will develop the skills and capacities along with the skills set in the value chain of mobile apps and website development, while boosting the talent development effort for the growth of the information technology industry in Nigeria.